Sunday, January 22, 2012

Special Teams Sunday


          As my boy Sean "Toobigtofail" Ferrell said, today should go down as "Special Teams Sunday." I didn't even understand the true impact that these kickoffs, punts, returns, field goals and extra points had on the game until I played at a collegiate level. Matter of fact, specials teams is an aspect of football that is not very well understood, even by football fanatics. That is, until they determine the outcome of a game, as was the case in both conference championship games today.

          I, along with the rest of the high I.Q. football players around America, had chosen the Niners and Ravens in today's competitions; but as Al Pacino stated "On any given Sunday you're gonna win or you're gonna lose. The point is - can you win or lose like a man?" I hope these two are able to ansewer the post game interview questions like a man, They both might be out of a job. I can go on and on and give an in depth analysis on the impact of special teams today, with refences and whatnot, but I'm a little too tipsy, LOL. Besides, you can hear it on Sportscenter later. The bottom line is, it matters, and these two guys pictured couldn't handle the pressure. As a result, it cost their teams a trip to the Superbowl. TSK, TSK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment